Join the Friends of the Palmer Museum of Art
Engage in an ever-changing array of exhibitions and programs. Explore a host of cultures. Entertain the notion that art is alive with possibilities. Excite your visual sense and soul in a place devoted to the serene, the stimulating, and the very special.
Originally opened in 1972, the museum underwent a major renovation and expansion in 1993. With its eleven galleries, the Palmer Museum showcases its permanent collection and provides a lively schedule of changing exhibitions. Since 1973, the Friends have provided funds for education programs and for more than fifty acquisitions.
The Palmer Museum of Art engages, explores, entertains, and excites. And we prefer to do this in good company—your company—with your support and your friendship. The museum is best judged by the company it keeps.
By becoming a Friend of the Palmer Museum of Art, you will enjoy opportunities to meet others who share your passion for the arts and receive special savings and benefits available only to Friends.
You will be supporting programs that enrich the lives of children and adults alike, acquisitions of exciting artworks for the museum, and a vital, free-admission resource for our community and region.
So don't let the Palmer go it alone. Be a Friend.
Become a Friend
Over the course of the past several months, we have reassessed our longstanding membership model to provide enhanced benefits and greater engagement. This has been a collaborative effort involving the Palmer staff, College development team, and members of the Friends Board. We invite you to review the information below. Please contact Amber Krieg, associate director of membership and donor relations, by phone at 814-863-9191 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Benefits of Friends Membership
As a Friend of the Palmer Museum of Art, you will enjoy these special benefits for one year:
- A 10 percent discount on items purchased at the Museum Store (excluding consignment items)
- Invitations to "members only" events celebrating art, such as private receptions and previews of special exhibitions
- The most up-to-date information about activities surrounding new exhibitions, collections, and educational programs
- Palmer Museum of Art newsletter, calendar of events, and digital communications
- An invitation to the Friends' annual meeting with special presentation/guest
- STUDENT - FREE
- YOUNG ALUMNI (35 and under) - $35
- INDIVIDUAL - $50
- FAMILY/HOUSEHOLD - $75
- SUPPORTING - $150
- SUSTAINING - $250*
- Exclusive Palmer Museum tote bag (available at the Museum Store with your membership card)
- BENEFACTOR - $350*
- All Sustaining benefits plus: an additional 10 percent discount (20 percent total) on Museum Store purchases and membership in the Print Study club
- CURATOR - $500*
- All Benefactor benefits plus: a private tour with a curator and other special opportunities
- PATRON - $750*
- All Curator benefits plus: a Palmer Museum publication of your choice
- DIRECTOR'S CIRCLE - $1,250*
- All Patron benefits plus: recognition on the donor board in the museum lobby and a private director's tour and lunch for you and four invited guests
- COLLECTOR'S CIRCLE - $2,500 AND MORE*
- All Director's Circle benefits plus: membership in the President's Club University-wide recognition society
*A 10 percent membership discount is available to senior citizens 60 and older. For tax purposes, your contribution may be reduced by the value of benefits provided.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you would like to purchase a Friends membership as a gift, please DO NOT use the online system; instead, please call Amber Krieg, associate director of membership and donor relations, at 814-863-9191 or email email@example.com.
TAX INFORMATION: Student, Young Alumni, Individual, Family/Household, and Supporting-level memberships are eligible for a full tax consideration.
Friends of the Palmer Museum Print and Drawing Study Club
Take a closer look at prints, drawings, photographs, and other works on paper in the museum's permanent collection by joining the Print and Drawing Study Club. A series of programs held each year will offer club members an in-depth introduction to the myriad of processes and techniques involved in printmaking, drawing, watercolor, and photography through a close examination, led by the museum's director and curators, of the Palmer's rich collection of works on paper. Members will additionally be afforded the opportunity to meet artists and dealers, visit print studios, and participate in special trips to view collections and special exhibitions.
The Print and Drawing Study Club is open to all members of the Friends of the Palmer Museum of Art. Pre-registration is required and space is limited.